Pros & Cons of new job
Created by anonymous on 08/29/2010
My LPC supervisor offered me a job working for him.
1. More responsibility
2. More freedom
3. More control
4. Benefits will be started soon (promise but not yet): insurance, sick and vacation days
5. Will eventually go to salary (with more hours)
6. Same hours as the other place to start
7. See some of the old clients I used to know from the old place
8. R knows I am burned out and will schedule me off when needed
9. I will be employee not a contract worker
10. I'd be in charge of day to day operations
11. I'd have the chance of working with L on a curriculum.
12. We may go as a group to a conference next year and present.
13. Raises possible, when it goes licensed and then when I get fully licensed.
14. R will be more closely around TO supervise me.
15. Don't really like where I am working overall
16. Patients I currently have are more violent overall, more psychotic, and more paranoid.
17. Not particularly attached to any of my current coworkers or patients.
18. Any extra (unpaid) time organizing things could go on my internship hours sheet.
19. At first will have fewer notes to do, and can use computer to do them
20. Why the heck not?
1. Same $/hour
2. 21 minutes commute as opposed to 9
3. More responsibility
4. I may be the only active counselor there at first
5. More paperwork, more clients to deal with
6. Communication is better but still not perfect. Better than current place though.
7. I'd be in charge of day to day operations.
8. I'm not always the best at being assertive and disciplinarian.
9. Don't know if I'd like my immediate vicinity workers.
10. It's always hard with startups.
11. R will still charge me for supervision.
12. JUST started at other place.
13. The place I work now is quicker to hospitalize someone if they're homicidal or suicidal.
14. I could learn more from my current patients than the ones we end up getting at the new place.
15. I'd probably spend extra (unpaid) time organizing things.
16. Haven't seen the church building I'll be working in
17. Hate disappointing and leaving/change
18. Money may be tight initially due to changing jobs and having to wait extra time possibly.
19. Not sure managerial is my strong suit.
20. I'm scared that things won't turn out.