Pros & Cons of Stem Cell Research
Created by anonymous on 03/31/2012
Is stem cell research a good or bad thing? Some think it destroys human life others believe it saved their life. Since president Obama lifted a ban on funding it more research is being done.
1. Helps find cures and treatment for many diseases like Parkinsonâ€™s, Alzheimerâ€™s, Spinal Cord Injuries and cancer
2. The medical possibility are amazing like generating organs or tissue that is a genetic match to the donor
3. Better more natural alternate to current drug and radiation treatments
4. Some newer techniques use non-embryonic stem cells and do not require the destruction of a human egg
5. Saves lives
6. Embryonic stem cells can be programed to generate of the 220 cell types that are used to make up human bodies
1. Are we messing too much with life and playing God?
2. Most of the time it involves using a fertilized human egg, which means if you think life starts at conception that life must be destroyed