Pros & Cons of Problem Based Learning
Created by firstname.lastname@example.org on 05/02/2010
Can it work?
1. Allows students to use both oral and written talens.
2. Opinions are shared with all members of the group.
3. Teamwork is needed to acomplish a task.
4. Students gain confidence in their ability to solve real world problems.
5. Students learn how to meet a deadline.
1. Some students might miss information that they would have discovered in a textbook.
2. Some students don't work well in groups.
3. Might have a poor group dynamic.
4. Someone must be motivated to investigate and have PBL work.
5. It takes a great deal of time and effort to prepare a good PBL exercise.